It seems surreal that it’s 2017 already, an exciting surreal, but crazy nonetheless.
While I have ZERO complaints about 2016, I always try to use the start of a new year as a time refocus my goals and get organized to improve. Who doesn’t?!
Whether you have personal goals, business goals, health goals, or just areas you’d like to improve on, now is a great time to get started.
Here are some tricks I am trying to implement this year to stay focused on making 2017 the best year yet!
- Get organized – clean out your desk, closet, apartment, whatever you use frequently. Having a clean slate is the best way to set yourself up for success and help to make more time for time and space for new goals
- Get planning – set aside the time you need to make your goals happen. Whether that means meal prepping time on sundays or making time around work schedules for side projects, setting aside the time to stay on top of your resolutions will make it harder to get off track
- Write it out – Writing out my schedule, to do lists, and plans helps to keep me accountable and on track when it feels like there is not enough time in the day – which is most days.
- Have patience – We’ve all heard “it takes 3 weeks to make a habit” – so this year I am focusing first and foremost on the next 21 days. 21 days of being extra strict and for staying extra true to all the new resolutions I want to uphold. If I can make these changes into habits, it’ll make sticking to my plans for 2017 even easier in the months to come.
- Just do it – this year i have some serious plans and goals for myself. So I’m starting the new year with a fresh new attitude and ‘get it done’ mentality.
Here’s to making 2017 the best year yet and to being accountable to every goal we set.